The thought of visiting a dentist is often dreadful for many people. People irrespective of age, are often afraid of dental procedures. This fear can be really strong for some people making them highly sensitive towards even simple dental procedures. Severity of dental anxiety or dental phobia can vary from person to person. Sadly, it often leads to ignoring dental needs or avoiding dental visits even when urgent dental care is required leading to loss of teeth and gum health. Evidence based research in the past decade attributes dental anxieties to exogenous experiences that deeply affects the subconscious thought process such as a traumatic childhood dental experience or a negative experience of family, friends, colleagues and peers etc. Online exposure to dental procedural videos has recently emerged as another factor attributing to dental anxiety.
Best Child Dentist in Gurgaon
Some personality traits can have a direct influence on how a new experience such as first dental visit is perceived by the person. In simple words, the same dental experience can be exciting/ non traumatic for some and traumatic for others.
Calming the patient and helping them through their dental journey is important for dental office team . As a patient, it is important for you to overcome those fears and seek help if required. There is direct correlation between prevalence of dental cavities in patients who have dental anxiety.
How to find yourself a calming and anxiety free dental office with reassuring dentist?
Dentistry is much more advanced and sophisticated than it was 10 years ago with techniques and equipments to make all dental procedures almost painless with help of modern anesthesia techniques. Therefore, if someone had a painful traumatic experience in cildhood, it is highly unlikely they will have a similar experience as adults.
It is basic human nature to listen and seek advice from our peers, family and friends. Since, basic personality type has a strong influence on how any particular life event is perceived by a person , if someone had a bad /painful experience in past, it will be irrational to think that you might have same experience with your dental procedure.
A skilled, experienced dentist knows very well how to calm their patients and talk them through the whole procedure, addressing patients concerns at each and every step of dental journey. A calming personality is very important attribute for a doctor. You can choose a good dentist from positive references in your locality. A simple google search and website visit can help you with your choices.
Dental procedures are usually time consuming and need multiple appointments. It is very important for the support team to provide you with relaxed , flexible appointment schedules to help you with your treatment completion. You can rely upon a dental office with good support team and warmth of reception staff.
A doctor who has taken time and effort in explaining the root cause of problem, possible treatments, outcomes, success rates, duration of treatment, other possible alternatives and is focused on providing preventive care will invariably have faithful patients.
Dental surgeries are complex procedures. An experienced surgeon will be able to skillfully handle any complications that may occur during course of treatment. Therefore, please have good faith and trust in your doctor.
|Dental Clinic in Gurgaon|
Things to consider before your dental visit.
1. Get yourself familiar with the clinic location, services, working timings through their website or google.
2. Always try to get a prebooked appointment. Dental procedures are time taking and a prebooked appointment can save you waiting time.
3. If you are searching for specific dental treatment providers such as Braces or Dental implant clinic in Gurgaon , you can pre-inform the clinic that you are looking for consultation regarding specific dental procedure.
4. Carry your medical records or any previous dental records with you. Inform the dentist about any medical condition/ medicines you are taking /any allergies very clearly.
5. Choose your dental clinic considering your expectation. An exceptional quality dental care provided in a clean, sterilized operatories by experienced and calming doctor should be your priority. Investing on your oral health should definitely be a priority.
6. If you do not have dental insurance, please see if dental office provides any in-house membership benefits.
7. Never ignore early dental symptoms like spotting a black, brown spot, food lodgment, sensitivity, bleeding from gums, bad breath etc. If treated on time, you can save yourself precious time, money and pain. Negligence in seeking dental care can prove very costly.
|Best Dental Clinic in Gurgaon|
If you have been thinking about visiting a dentist since long, it is time to take action. Imperial Smiles Dental and Implant Clinic is multispecialty advanced dental clinic in Gurgaon with team of experienced doctors. One of the best dental clinic in Gurgaon, it caters to dental needs of all age group.