Adapting to new set of dentures can be quite challenging for some patients. How early you can adapt to new dentures depends on
• Health of your oral cavity • when and why teeth were lost • Quantity and quality of your jaw bone • Muscles health • Your overall general health (medical conditions) • Your emotional well being • And most importantly, your psychological willingness to adapt to this major change in your life.
Behavioural adaptation to complete dentures is a complex neurological process requiring acquisition of new motor skills to use dentures while eating and speaking. Our Denture specialists are part of this habituation process and will guide you at all steps during adjustment phase.
Want to chew better with your dentures? Consult our specialists!
Upper and lower complete dentures just rest superficially on your jaw bones with saliva lubricating its inner and outer surface. There is always some minor movement of dentures over this bony support while chewing irrespective of quality of dentures. Its worthy to keep in mind that chewing efficiency with dentures is 5 to 6 times less as compared to natural teeth.
Our modern missing teeth solutions allow our patients to better adapt to new dentures with much higher chewing efficiency. These new efficient dentures take support from artificial roots( dental implants). They can be removable or fixed.
Missing teeth replacements using dental implants is more definitive and permanent form of teeth replacement.
Major benefits of choosing implant supported prosthesis over complete dentures.
• Much improved chewing efficiency
• Improved phonetics
• Bone is preserved around Dental Implants maintaining your facial appearance and looks.
• Better perception of variety of foods.
• Overall improved psycological health.
If you are facing dental problems must visit Imperial Dental and Implant Clinic.